Hands and Feet

So there is this house.... this house that I feel that we need. We could do so much with this house. Small groups, neighborhood out reach, maybe even foster or adopt a few kids. That has always been on my heart. In one breath I  feel like we need or deserve this home. In another breath  I feel convicted  about wanting it or feeling like we deserve it. We use to be so busy in church giving our time and gifts to other people.  After the bottom fell out it has taken 2 years to get to the point where we don't stop and lick our wounds as much.
I want to be involved at church, I want to love on people like God has loved on us. How do I get back to that place? The place where we were givers and not takers. Maybe if we were in that place I wouldn't feel so greedy about wanting this house. Maybe it would feel like more of a blessing that we had worked up to. 

 Do we tithe more...technically we should be giving  3 times as much as we do but that is scary. Our church sermon yesterday was about  being a giver. So we are going to start by giving the church that we have come to feel so at home at more. But Lord how else can I be the hands and feet of your message? What is your purpose for me? I'm not sure that I am ready to put myself out there like that again.
Show me how to get back to that place lord....
Your daughter

Comments

Popular Posts