Affirmation please

Every Sunday I sit and wait for my turn to have prophetic words spoken to me and every week (so for) I haven't gotten any. So I sat and listened to everyone else's words and said to myself lord I want my words of affirmation....the speaker was finished and the last song had being so I sang joyously. That is and always has been my connection to god. The last song was over and everyone started their way down the aisle for individual prayer. The guy sitting next to us leaned down as he was leaving and said "You have a beautiful voice". Tears rad down my face as I sat there in astonnshment.  I have always felt like an "American Idol type" you know the people that swear they can SANG! But sound like roosters crowing and dogs howling? I have tried out for worship team before and was so nervous that I wanted to puke. If this is my gift why would be be so nervous? He didn't say anything bad ... he didn't say anything good but he didn't say Hey could join us either. Lord is my giant mouth my gift? How do I fine tune said gift? The thought of singing  without 1000 back up singers to even my pitch is really scary....

Comments

Popular Posts