Promises Promises


"Am I the most imporant thing in your life?"
'no your not'
God is.... and then you
You "
Years ago when I was just loaning my life  to God instead of giving it to him, when my then soon to be husband said that to me I was upset  to the core. But over the years my growth in God  has changed my thinking and I pray everyday that his heart would never have it any other way. Putting God first everyday, all day and giving every part of your life to God is what makes the difference in the hard times. That being said it has been a hard few weeks in the Hudspath home. Really, things have been swirling for about a year but the last few weeks have put things over the edge. Seems like the more I get into the bible the more things crash and burn around me. I have felt that I was okay with everything that have happened over the last 10 years. For everything that happens the good the bad and the ugly there is a lesson to be learned. But sometimes a ton of negative thoughts creep back in making your cloak of God giving peace seem invisible.What do I have to show for all of my blood sweat and tears? I have done pretty much any job that didn't require a degree. I have at points scarifced myself and my family time just to make sure that things were taken care of in a worldly context. Now sitting here looking around there is nothing to show for it. Our cars are broke down one way or the other. All of the work that we put into our house someone else is enjoying it. All the money that we made at one point means nothing when you wake up in the morning wondering how you are going to put food on the table that night and keep the lights on. When I take a a step back and regroup all of these years have really gone in a circle. Where I am  in life right this very moment is where I was when Ben and I first got married. So broke(monetarily),barren but not broken....  For some, these kind of circumstartes tear marriages and families apart but our marriage is always so much stronger when the bottom falls outs. I feel like it is the time in our lives when you realize just how much we need,love and enjoy being with each other. We are so strong in our faith, clinging to every word and passage in our bibles. So encouraged, hopeful, and strong. When all of our plans and the people that we should be able to count on have failed we have always had each other and God and his promises to us. Every where that I have looked during this time in the valley I have read verses, seen book covers, and pictures that say he is with me and this too shall pass. When this passes again I have to remain as strong in my Faith and love of God  so when it circles around again I am ready to batten down the hatches and ride the storm out again. Something that I have been reading over and over is this....

Matthew 10:29-31

New Living Translation (NLT)
29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin[a]? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. 30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Jesus said that God is aware of everything that is going on in our lives even to sparrows, and you are far more valuable to him than they are. Your are so valuable that God sent his only son to die for you. (John 3:16) Because God places such value on you,you need never fear personal threats,or difficult trails. These cant shake God love or dislodge his spirit from within you. This does not mean that God will take away all of your troubles the real test of value is when something holds up under the wear, tear and abuse of everyday life. Those who stand up for Christ in spite of their troubles truly have lasting value and will receive great rewards. Life application bible(NIV)

These words don't just apply to some people and not others..... some situation and not others, this is for everyone in all situations. God will never leave me or forsake me, he is right there with me threw all the crappy days, all I have to do is ask for help.

Comments

Popular Posts